Saturday, July 05, 2008

Fifth of July

I hope eveyone had a happy 4th of July. Mommy had a migraine, so instead of going out she stayed home with me and watched the fireworks on tv. I was happy because towns in three directions were letting off boomies and I really didn't like the noise. Plus our moron neighbors were letting fireworks off all night long. The worst were the high-pitched whiny ones that went on forever. They hurt my ears and caused al the woofies in the complex to start barking. I was happy to cuddle with Mommy. She wasn't too upset about staying home because a few days ago she'd gone to the early fireworks in Delray Beach.
Today it's yucky out so she's cleaning and doing laundry. I head someting about a bath. I hope she isn't planning one for me!!!

9 comments:

Just Ducky said...

Yeah we had the whiney ones here too. I don't mind the boomies, but the whine....NO.

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

We had just a bunch of boom boom ones...dey aren't even suppose to haf da boom boom ones here but some bean gave der kids some and one of da kids hurt demselves so da noyze ended early.

Sweet Purrfections said...

Hey! Thanks for visiting my blog today. Our neighbors are STILL setting off those "noise crackers" but I am being a big girl and sitting beside mom.

Mom said to tell your mom her Ph.D. is in Mathematics Education. She was a college professor for 10 years.

KC and the Giggleman Kitties said...

Those fireworks went on forever here. None of us were that brave. Mommie ML stayed home and we watched a movie and snuggled. She kept a fan on hoping we wouldn't hear the noises outside. We cats have excellent hearing.
Purrs,
Missy Blue Eyes

Black Cat said...

I hate fireworks unless they are in a properly organised public display. Every year from about a week before Halloween till nearly Christmas they just go on... and on... and on. Grrrr! Some people just don't think about how much they scare animals. xxx

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about those whiny fireworks. They were going off here too. Fortunately you could cuddle with your human to get the both of you through the noise.

Give a cat a bath? Ha! Talk about something that's unnecessary....

Christine and FAZ said...

I quite like fireworks but it helps that we have double-glazing so it's not too noisy. If you hear the word bath again - HIDE! FAZ

Twizzler, Jack, Fwankwin, and Gracie said...

We agree, the whiney firewerks is the werst. Hope it's quieter for you now!

Mr. Hendrix said...

I hope your mommy is feeling so much better now. I hate the fireworks. My beans were out of town so my grandma stayed with me. I was so upset I didn't even eat my stinky goodness!

Mommy got your mommy some new postcards when she was on vacation, but accidentally sent them with daddy (he is out of town for work) so when he gets back next week we'll send them to you.

Take care Muffin!