We interrupt this blog to offer advice to those of our friends undergoing a hurricane or other significant weather event:
- To heat water and food build a sterno stove. Take a can of sterno, which is what people use to heat chafing dishes at buffets. Take two equal- sized coffee mugs and turn them upside down one on either side of the sterno. Then take the grill from a toaster oven or hibatchi and place it on top of the mugs. It should make a bridge over the sterno. Then follow the lighting directions on the can of sterno.
- My humans heat water for coffee, tea and soup and cook Chef Boyardi crap over the sterno. Other things that can be heated over it include baby formula, Dinty Moore beef stew,corned beef hash, and Pop Tarts
- Be sure to buy bottled water or fill jugs with tap water prior to the storm. That's in case the water gets contaminated and you can't drink it.
- Tuna fish is good warm and right out of the can. Be sure to share with the feline family members.
- Stock up on flashlights and batteries beforehand. You won't find any in the stores once the storm hits.
- Some people use bags of kitty litter to stop minor water seepage. This is bad news for us kitties. Stock up on litter or we may create our own indoor flooding.
- If you do have to evacuate, don't forget to take the kitties.
- Pry and purr. The people get a little frantic during thse storms.