Sunday, August 05, 2007

Water Woes

We've been having a lot of rain lately. That's okay because Florida is experiencing a major drought and the drinking water supply is severely depleted.
I don't mind that. Water outside is good. It's when it attacks inside the house that I don't like it.
Last night we were in the human litterbox room. Mommy flushed the round white bowl and the water wouldn't stop coming up. It poured out of the bowl and all over the floor. My paws got wet. I did the only thing a kitty could do- I ran!I felt bad about leaving Mommy, so a few minutes later I peaked around the corner. She was using towels to sop up the water and swearing. Her vocabulary was impressive.
Then this morningmy water bowl was empty and Granny poured some from a bottle into my dish. Only it wasn't water. It was lemonade that myMommy had mixed together to take to work. BLECH. I meowed trying to tell granny that something was wrong,but she didn't get it. Then when Mommy got up I meowed at her, She didn't get it either. She just poured water over the lemonade. Finally i jut sat by my dish and cried. They were fussing around me , then Mommy went into the fridge, saw her bottle was missing and figured out what happened. She hugged me, apologized and gave me some water. Finally.

14 comments:

Hot(M)BC said...

Phew!!! Glad yoo finally got reel water. Lemmynade don't sound too good.
Purrrrrrrrrs,
Sanjee

Dobby said...

I don't blame you for running. I don't like for there to be water anyplace it's not supposed to be.

Ivan from WMD said...

Oh my! That sounds like entirely too many water events so close together. I think I would be very frightened if mom's cat box threw up like that.

Poppy Q said...

Those mommies should learn to listen. If my mum doesn't get me water I tip my bowl over after pushing it around the room. That makes her come running!!

Mr. Hendrix said...

aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! wet paws! Oh no. I'd have run too! I'll bet you learned lotsa new words tho. heh heh heh.
Then lemonaid instead of water! You must've been partched! Poor Muffin. You didn't waste away did you? Did you get extra treats? I'm glad you got lotsa snuggles in apology tho.

Unknown said...

I do not like rain. It is bad. I do like to listen to it, though, it makes neat noises.

The Furry Fighter said...

poor you! lemonade is horrid. my meowmy tried giving me a medicine that tasted like orangeade and i puked and puked.

thanks for visiting my blog x

The Furry Fighter said...

my meowmie also wanted to pass on her regards to your meowmie and she says that she hopes everything is OK now and that the treatment didnt make you feel bad and sick up your diners like i did
*hugs*
xxxx

The Furry Fighter said...

and i like guinea pigs really - i just don't wanna be one :)

Smeagol and Strider, Mystery (Sunnin' at the Bridge) and Gizmo too! said...

We're glad you finally got some real water in your dish, we don't think we'd like lemonade, either!! We hope the human litterbox thing doesn't spit all its water out again, that sounds scary!!

Thank you for your kindmess and prayers for our family in the loss of our Uncle Rocky.

Christine and FAZ said...

this gives a whole new meaning to the phrase 'when life gives you lemons make lemonade'. FAZ

Around Your Wrist said...

oh no! poor muffin...i know grandma didn't mean to give you the wrong stuff to drink. i'm glad your mom figured it out!

the Sweet 16s are having a family reunion next weekend (8/17-19). please come!

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Muffin, You are extreeeeemely intelligent. I hate lemonade.

we are so sorry that you had a flood in your litterbox room. terrible and gross. I hope your water woes are over soon

Headbutts, Caesar

Big Piney Woods Cats said...

It is really dry in the Big Piney Woods too, the trees are sighing and the grass is brown. Momma likes that lemonade too, it isn't fit for consumption.

Patches